Friday, September 21, 2007

Ow, ow ow

We had one of those lovely moments this morning that all moms dream of. She wanted to explore my face! Many times when I get near her, she turns her head away, or glances at me for a second and smiles.

But this time she began to study my face. Here it comes, I thought. That touching moment where she caresses my face in wonder and awe, finally recognizing her loving, doting mother.

Of course that didn't happen. Not with my child. She punched me right in the face. See, she can't really open those fists of fury yet to gently stroke my face. Instead, she thrust her clenched fist at me, and then opened it to grab a handful of my hair and cheek. She grasped at me with her razer-sharp Wolverine-like nails, but I didn't care. It was still our precious little moment, and she still wanted to explore my face, however clumsily she did it.

What makes her happy makes mamma happy.

No comments: