Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Are ANY toys not made in China?

I'm generally pretty easygoing, but I draw the line at toys knowingly laced with lead. WTH? Who is watching these manufacturers in China?

So my question is, are any toys NOT made in China? I've done a cursory check of some of the toys I want to buy in the future, and they're all made in China. Including - get this - teething rings. Nice.

Now, to be fair, not everything made in China will be tainted with lead paint. But at this point, how do you know? It's up to the individual company to watch their respective manufacturer in China to see if they are using lead paint. And to require them not to use it. So there's no real way for consumers to know for sure.

So if anyone has any toy companies they know are not using these types of paints, let me know! My daughter has just started to grasp her rattle, and the first thing she does - of course, is bring it to her mouth to suck on it.

Which, by the way, how proud am I that my baby is holding a rattle? It's super cute, and I know it's probably time for her to do it but I think she's way advanced and quite frankly, the smartest baby in the world. Just my opinion :)

No comments: