Monday, September 24, 2007

Now where is that damn halo?

My little angel must have misplaced her halo this weekend. Good Lord she had a rough weekend! She always starts off on a good note, though, I have to say. I always approach the day thinking positive after she smiles and coos at her mobile of four dancing teddy bears in bathrobes and one animal we can only figure is a monkey (why? I don't understand, 4 teddy bears and a monkey?).

But this weekend she tricked me into thinking we were going to have good days. Shortly after the cooing and smiling came the screaming and the kicking. And then more screaming. She had many good moments, don't get me wrong. As if she popped the halo out of her back pocket and said 'let me get this adjusted and I'll be all set.' But then suddenly the halo would disappear and the horns would pop out again.

The poor thing, I say this as if it's her fault. As if she WANTS to cry so much. I'm sure if she had her choice, she would calmly tell us what the problem was and instill her faith in us to fix it. Why aren't children born with the power to speak? It would make things so much easier.

Ah well. We'll keep waking up each the morning, hoping for the best as she smiles at her mobile.

1 comment:

eskate said...

This is why you're such an awesome mommy. The rest of us assume that our children are crying purely to irritate us -- you see through the annoyance and straight to her pain! What a nice mommy!