Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My baby's a trooper!

OK, I know she's my baby, so I'm biased. But I gotta say, this little girl's tough. She took those shots like it was nobody's business. She was sucking on her binky, minding her own business, and then wham! The nurse did it before she or I knew what was going on.

And my little one, who I thought would go ballistic, handled it appropriately. Her face turned red, and I knew the wail was coming. I thought it would continue on, but she only hit her second level of crying (there's a level beyond normal baby crying - the one that makes dogs bark in other neighborhoods). Then, she stopped. I popped her binky in, hoping it would take - sure enough, she started sucking away.

By the time I got her carseat locked into the base, she looked at me with a content face. She even gave me a smile, as if to say 'that wasn't so bad, mom.'

Dang, she's tenacious. It's what I love about her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She gets that from you!