Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I HATE bottles


OK, I know. I can't write a super long post about how breastfeeding wasn't for me, then turn around and complain about bottles.


Oh wait, it's my blog - I sure can. And I will. I freakin' hate bottles. If there was any reason to try that much harder next time around (yep, you read right, I'm crazy enough to do it again), it's the bottles. I bet we could buy 100 bottles and still have to wash them every day somehow.


It's like they multiple in the middle of the night. The clean ones somehow dive into the formula mix and lo and behold, by morning they're all dirty, clamoring to be washed again.


And of course, we picked the most time-consuming bottles to use - Dr. Brown's. However, on the plus side of that, I really think they reduce the amount of air my little chicklet takes in, so they're worth it in that aspect.

Oh, and an update from the previous post about the vaccinations yesterday: she did great during the night. She woke up a couple of times, but we gave her baby Tylenol on a 4-hour schedule and she woke up all smiles this morning. Whew.
I have to say, though, I thought I knew the meaning of worry before, but I really felt it this morning at 3:30 a.m. as I was leaning over the railing of her crib watching her breathe. Even though I should have gotten a couple of hours of sleep between her wakings, I couldn't. All I could do is lay in bed and listen to the monitor, waiting for any sign of a disturbance. I'm not normally like that, but with the vaccinations I just couldn't sleep soundly. Such is the life of a mother, I suppose!

1 comment:

eskate said...

Hey, my account works now! hehehe, now I can drive you MAD with comments!!

Just FYI if you don't wash your bottles in a timely manner (and leave them sitting for, say, a week like I did)...they get MOLDY! Yup. That happened to me. I rinsed it out and thought, good enough, I'll wash them later. Came back to find fuzzy green stuff.

Yuck!!