Sunday, September 16, 2007

What is a FTM?

For those uninitiated in the world of Babycenter and other message boards for parents, an FTM is a first-time mom. It's the brand we wear as amateurs into parenthood.

Our first borns will be obvious - they are the ones wearing onesies that are perpetually off by one snap. The child's parents will look like the walking dead, slugging through stores with hair askew, no makeup on and searching desperately for all the baby items they didn't know they would need, like 100 burp cloths and shirts with mittens on the end.

This blog is all about the joys, frustrations and tribulations of parenting for the first time. I can only recount what has happened to us, and what I know from personal experience. My only solace is that my dear daughter won't remember any of it.

Feel free to let me know what you think, and enjoy this roller coaster ride along with me.

No comments: