Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Who are you and what have you done with my child?

Every time I start to get used to what's happening, my little one changes the game. It's as if she starts to get bored with the same old, same old. Which I don't know how that's possible because everything is new to her. Trees are new. She's never seen a squirrel before. You get the picture.

But she likes to keep us on our toes. In this instance, though, I'll take it. She has slept through the night twice in a row now. And I'm not talking typical infant sleeping through the night, defined as 5 to 6 hours. I'm talking 9 hours. And she's not sick - or she may be, because she's actually happy. She's been smiling and cooing all morning.

So I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and give her a full-blown tub bath. Chalk this up to bad parenting - it's only her second in her life. Yeah, she's 9 weeks old. We've been giving her sponge baths, but as first-time parents we're pretty much scared to death to give her a tub bath.

We tried it a week or two ago to disasterous results. So I wasn't expecting miracles this morning. Of course, that's exactly what I got (see how she keeps me on my toes?) She smiled in the tub and kicked her long legs in the water, enjoying every minute of it. Whaa?

In this case, I'll take it. And now, joy of all joys, she's taking a nap. Which means it's time for mamma to take a shower!

No comments: