Wednesday, November 7, 2007

TV Writers - Get Back To Work!

I'm thinking about this because a friend of mine is a newspaper columnist, and recently wrote her column on this very subject. And I'm angry. I'm angry because my favorite show may be delayed even longer with this stupid strike. Sure, I'm a writer, too, but my need for television outweighs any potential solidarity I might show.

I'm talking about LOST. Yes, I'll admit it - I'm addicted to LOST. I know the numbers by heart. I've cried when main characters died (RIP Mr. Eko!) and cheered when good things happened (way to go finding the van, Hurley!). And I even guessed what was going on in the season finale before it all came down at the end.

All of which is why I'm pleading with you now, Damon Lindelof. Get OFF the picket line and back to work!! I, as a work-from-home mom, spend most of my day either a) entertaining a baby; b) frantically interviewing and writing stories to bring in a little cash and c) run around frantically picking up from the baby tornado that constantly terrorizes my living room.

When my baby finally crashes at 8:30 or so every night, I collapse on the couch, hoping for just an hour of good-ole television viewing to calm my nerves (that an a glass of mommy juice - aka cabernet). THAT, my friend, is why you need to go back to work. I NEED you. I NEED my LOST fix, and it's bad enough you're not giving me that until February. But to delay it even longer may make me go all Ben on you.

And I don't have to tell you what that means. So I don't care how you settle it, just do it and give me 24 more fixes - I mean episodes - before the summer.

Ugh. Thank God for Chuck. That's all I gotta say.

No comments: